Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Stretch-Neck-Scarf

I decided (kind of at the last minute) to knit Mr.U a scarf with his favorite team colors for Christmas. Of course, I ran out of yarn and, of course, no stores were open on the holiday to buy more. So, the day after Christmas, on my way to his side of the state, I picked up more yarn assuring myself I had plenty of time to finish it.
I knitted a little at #bff’s house
some more at bunni’s dad’s house
more at a friend’s house
…all of whom told me that it wasn’t nearly long enough.
On “Our Christmas” morning, I showed him the unfinished scarf and promised it would be done before the year’s end.
...Once home
I knitted more in bed
more at work
more at theBaby’s
still not long enough.
Before K.Fry’s birthday outing, I vowed to complete it and sat on the couch next to him until I’d finished it – fringe&all. He put it on – awkwardly since he’s not yet a scarf-man – and the length seemed perfect. He wore it around the house while we got ready. It seemed longer. He wrapped it around his neck as we left. Seemed even longer. By the time we got to the bar, the scarf that “would never be long enough” was taller than he&I combined.
Now I have the lovely task of shortening it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everyone Knows How Much I Love You

Everyone Knows How Much I Love You by: Kyle McCarthy On Sale 6/23/2020 Talk about self-destruction! Rose is probably one of the most annoyin...