Friday, January 6, 2012

Icy Lesson

…and the winner is: ICE.
I didn’t say “I told you so.” – but I definitely thought it.
The first day of 2012 was an entire day of snowfall and, after staying in all day, Mr.U was all too excited to drive me home through the Winter Wonderland and fully experience the 4-wheel-drive on his nice, new Jeep. “…none of that matters on ice, dear.” I gently warned him as he dropped me off.
About 45minutes later, he called. “I’m an idiot…” he proclaimed as he proceeded with the story of how he did $1,500 worth of damage sliding through a turn. Of course, I felt horrible – if I could wrap him in a bubble of happiness: I would… and simple things like ice would never cause him trouble. But, I can’t and a week of rental cars, insurance claims, and repair shops have forced a hard-lesson-learned that 4-wheel-drive doesn’t matter when ice is involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everyone Knows How Much I Love You

Everyone Knows How Much I Love You by: Kyle McCarthy On Sale 6/23/2020 Talk about self-destruction! Rose is probably one of the most annoyin...