Monday, January 23, 2012

Getting Old

This weekend #bff and her #djbf wanted to go out with Mr.U&I. So we went to a local bar called The Library for drinks on Saturday night where some of our girlfriends had planned birthday celebrations. After what seemed like hours of waiting for our drinks, we awkwardly stood in the game room. “Let’s play pool!” suggested #bff. No open tables. “Ok, let’s play darts.” So we scrounged together enough quarters for the boys to play darts while we watched. Once we thought we’d got the hang of it, we broke some dolladollabills to play a round for ourselves. Laughing&goofing around, we posted up in the corner of the game room and played a couple vs. couple game before our friends finally arrived. They headed straight toward the dance room – a place #bff&I would have been all over a couple years ago – but instead of getting down&dirty, we wandered in, said our hellos, and went back to the apt so we could “actually hear each other talk.” And absolutely no part of me felt like a loser for being so lame. I guess it’s official: I’m getting old.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everyone Knows How Much I Love You

Everyone Knows How Much I Love You by: Kyle McCarthy On Sale 6/23/2020 Talk about self-destruction! Rose is probably one of the most annoyin...