Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Card Hunting

I had a somewhat silly, semi-wonderful dream about my bunni last night.
I was at the store buying a card – I believe I was buying a sympathy card and planned to visit her grave (weird, I know) – and I kept feeling like someone was watching me. I’d whip around the catch the looker and nothing but empty space would meet my eyes. Then, as I stood in an elevated area over-looking the store while I wrote in my card, I saw her. She was peaking at me over her shoulder while writing in a card of her own. She disappeared and another of her popped up a few feet away, different outfit, same sneaky expression.
This happened for what seemed like hours in my dream-world.
Suddenly her presence was directly behind me. I turned and fell into the deepest hug – inhaling her scent and sinking into her body. When we pulled apart she simply smiled, tucked my hair behind my ear, and handed me a stack of cards. Then slowly walked away.
I fell to the floor and started reading.
I love you.”
I’m sorry I left you.”
I’m glad to see you’re happy.”
Please don’t forget me.”
I miss you.”
The messages went on&on&on – scribbled in her adorable hand-writing – all signed with that signature that’s etched inside my brain. I read&cried&giggled till my alarm went off.

I love you, too, baby. And I’m very sorry you left, but I hope you’re better. And, of course, I’ll never forget you, because I miss you every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everyone Knows How Much I Love You

Everyone Knows How Much I Love You by: Kyle McCarthy On Sale 6/23/2020 Talk about self-destruction! Rose is probably one of the most annoyin...