Friday, December 30, 2011

Puzzle Pieces

My group is growing up. It’s wild.
One already moved to South Carolina for a teaching position. One friend is taking a job offer all the way in Texas. One is starting a new degree program across the state. One is getting married. One is having a baby. Others are spread all over the state and others are still right next door… And, just 2 days ago, Barbie got engaged – to a wonderful marine-man who’ll undoubtedly treat her as perfectly as she deserves.
Then there’s Mr.U&I simply smiling at each other while our friends move on and the world keeps revolving – testing the waters and finding the comfort.
I remember when Barbie started seeing Marine and we all silently thought: he’s the one. He fit into her happiness like the final missing puzzle piece and we willingly checked her off the list of single friends – not that her relationship made her lame like some do.
Maybe it’s the fact that everyone is growing up around me or the warmth of the holiday season seeping into my brain&heart, but I can’t help feeling like I’ve found that final piece. Now, I don’t rush into things at all – anyone who knows me is painfully aware that I’m the most indecisive, nonchalant, commitment-phobic, obsessive-compulsive monster at times – but I’m a firm believer in the fact that “when you know, you know.” Just like we all knew that Marine would marry Barbie (maybe not that he’d propose with such a gorgeous ring, but still). And I have to admit: I think I know. Or at least I’m not scared to acknowledge what I feel. And somewhere in this frantic heart, I’m finding a comforting calm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everyone Knows How Much I Love You

Everyone Knows How Much I Love You by: Kyle McCarthy On Sale 6/23/2020 Talk about self-destruction! Rose is probably one of the most annoyin...