Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Snowmen

My grandma’s been collecting snowmen since I can remember. She’s got snowmen everywhere in the winter time
– shelves&shelves
– trinkets&tables full
– salt&pepper shakers
– plates&bowls
– orniments&wrapping paper.
She’s got snowmen to represent every winter necessity and they take over the old farm house as soon as Thanksgiving is over. When I woke up at the house the morning after Christmas I wandered around smiling – remembering all the snowmen I’d been seeing forever like the glass ones with their matching tree on the window sill by the kitchen sink. I’ve been playing with some of the snowmen in that house since I was able to play. My grandpa caught me snapping pictures and gave me a silly, inquisitive look. “After a year away from these memories, I forgot how happy they make me.” was my response.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everyone Knows How Much I Love You

Everyone Knows How Much I Love You by: Kyle McCarthy On Sale 6/23/2020 Talk about self-destruction! Rose is probably one of the most annoyin...