Monday, December 12, 2011

Pappy's Pantry

It’s really disappointing to talk up a restaurant then have it fall flat when people go to eat there with you. This weekend brought on an incredibly disappointing meal. A few years ago, my sorority little sister and her real little sister and I went to a local Mexican restaurant called Pappy’s. I remember it being incredibly authentic with massive portion sizes.

So, when Mr.U&I were craving Mexican food Saturday afternoon, I suggested Pappy’s.

I should have gone with my gut when I saw the menu changes that it wasn’t going to be as good as I’d lead on, but we continued to hope for the best in our exertion. We dealt with the waiter and his complete lack of professionalism – forgetting our order and coming back to the table 3+ times to make sure he’d gotten it right (instead of simply writing it down to begin with). We quietly accepted the dissapointment when we chose not to wait for more rice after “the cook burned the recent batch.”

We really should have gotten up & left, though.

The chips and salsa were undoubtedly Tostitos brand, the beans had to have come from a can, and everything on the plate was nothing above the quality found in a homemade, completely un-authentic Mexican meal. Yet, the prices were still rivaling the huge portioned, south-of-the-border prices I’d remembered paying for the excellent food years ago.

The ownership of this place clearly has changed, yet every single thing inside the restaurant has gone drastically downhill.

Potentially the most disappointing meal I’ve ever had in my life.Later that day, I jokingly sent Mr.U a picture message of the Mexican isle at the grocery store. “Look, it’s Pappy’s Pantry!”

1 comment:

  1. omg. I laughed so hard at this... that's horrible!

    I remember the day we went to Pappy's. It was good then! What a bummer!

    ReplyDelete

Everyone Knows How Much I Love You

Everyone Knows How Much I Love You by: Kyle McCarthy On Sale 6/23/2020 Talk about self-destruction! Rose is probably one of the most annoyin...