Monday, December 5, 2011

Mountaineer Moments

I genuinely love sporting events. I would much rather go to a game than go to the mall or see a chick flick at the theater. Any match will do, but football tops my list. I’m not a super “tomboy” – I’m actually more of an artsy-fartsy hippie-chick – but I was raised on athletics, thus I’m always down to watch a good match-up.
Over Thanksgiving, I was quite the sports fan. After attending the Lion’s game on Thursday afternoon, I headed all the way down to West Virginia for the “Back Yard Brawl” between the West Virginia Mountaineers and the Pittsburgh Panthers. I have a couple girlfriends who attended West Virginia in their undergrad, so we of course rooted for the Mountaineers – while seated in the middle of a pack of Pitt fans. They had their many chants, but “Eat Shit Pit” resonated throughout the stadium, despite Pitt’s 3-quarter length lead. The game was a nail-biter (and freezing cold), but WV pulled it out in the end and we got to belt out “Take Me Home, Country Roads” while swaying arm-in-arm.
The energy of a win, the emotions in a stadium, and the timeless traditions of athletics get me every time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everyone Knows How Much I Love You

Everyone Knows How Much I Love You by: Kyle McCarthy On Sale 6/23/2020 Talk about self-destruction! Rose is probably one of the most annoyin...