Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Christmas Aftermath

I woke up the morning after Christmas snuggled into my favorite couch on the front porch of my grandparents’ house. My grandma had already left to shop with my aunt and my grandpa was quietly sipping his coffee in the sunroom while the rest of the house slept soundly. The living room was sprinkled with opened gifts and garbage bags of torn paper&ribbons – the aftermath of my wonderful family’s Christmas celebration. I quietly wandered from room to room snapping pictures. A year ago at this time, I was waking up in Disney World – attempting to remain unfazed by my first ever holiday away from home. So this year – in the midst of empty boxes, tubs of leftovers, and worn out people – I wanted nothing more than to appreciate the presence of the season and the silence of the morning in the place I most like celebrating with the people I love so dearly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everyone Knows How Much I Love You

Everyone Knows How Much I Love You by: Kyle McCarthy On Sale 6/23/2020 Talk about self-destruction! Rose is probably one of the most annoyin...