Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Controlled Chaos

In the middle of my finals week with stacks of work at the office, final papers to complete, and group presentations to perfect, SLEEP has become an unnecessary luxury. After 3 hours at the library with Mr.U last night, I headed home, hungry with a headache, to catch a quick cat-nap before waking up for an early work morning. Alarm set: 5:08. Snuggled in the warmth of my Detroit Lion’s fleece I opened my sleepy eyes and peered across the far-too-lit room at my searing red clock digits. 7:48that CAN’T be right! Alarm still set – for PM. Damnit. Lucky for me, my lazy-winter-clothing choices has simplified the morning-dressing-game, so I sprinted to the car in my PJs and booked it to the highway. Flying at 80mph through my 30-minute commute, I dug out dress pants and a top from my back seat – I even found a real bra and slipped it on for a little professional-pick-me-up. 8:18 – I breezed through the office door past my smiling boss. (around here, 18 minutes late is almost equal to 10 minutes early.) AND, post-lunchbreak, I’ve finished two major work assignments and completed the rough draft of my group paper. Controlling the chaos one clock-check at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everyone Knows How Much I Love You

Everyone Knows How Much I Love You by: Kyle McCarthy On Sale 6/23/2020 Talk about self-destruction! Rose is probably one of the most annoyin...