Wednesday, November 2, 2011

14Hands to Hold

"Wine bottles need to be bigger!" a friend exclaimed after pouring our 2nd round of pinot noir during last night’s Tosh.O marathon.
I agree.
There’s something about wine that makes me feel like I’ve escaped to somewhere better.
somewhere with culture.
somewhere sweeter.
more curious.
more enticing.
The way it coats the back of my throat as if to say, "I’m here."
Thank you, wine, I thoroughly enjoy your company.
This 14 Hands is from a local restaurant called Food Dance that prides itself on serving locally produced foods&beverages. The day my precious grandpa had open heart surgery, my emotionally exhausted grandma&I split this bottle of wine while we waited to be able to see him. We giggled about his love for wine and how his excuse to drink it for the heart benefits could no longer be justified. A glass of wine every night couldn’t beat his genetics. Long story short, we walked back into the hospital with warm, cabernet-filled bellies and got to hold the hand of the most amazing man I’ll ever know. He smiled at my giggles and mouthed “I love you” to my teary-eyed grandma.
I will forever be appreciative of 14 Hands Cabernet Sauvignon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everyone Knows How Much I Love You

Everyone Knows How Much I Love You by: Kyle McCarthy On Sale 6/23/2020 Talk about self-destruction! Rose is probably one of the most annoyin...