Thursday, November 17, 2011

Ricky's Waffle

Scene: Lunchtime in the caf on move-in day of freshman year
Me: PISSED because Betty wouldn’t start in the parking lot
Company: My roommate and some girl she’d met from across the hall
After a long, crazy rant about how much Betty sucked and how much I hated her I felt I had successfully scared my roommate’s new friend

so I calmed down and explained…
Betty is my Blazer – broke down in the parking lot
and she’s having issues today.
OH – ok (she probably thought) this bitch isn’t completely insane.

Us - Dancing in the "First Snow" of 2006

That random girl became my RickyBobby and I became her Waffle. We spent the next four years living under the same roof – one of those years I literally lived UNDER her, well, under her loft bed in my own bed.
She’s been there through the shittiest of days and the wildest of nights.
We’ve
wreaked havoc on fraternity houses
danced our asses off in bars
played in countless snowstorms
stayed up for sunrises
driven all over the place
watched days-worth of movies
held each other up
and carried each other home.
We’ve been
Fanta Girls&Wizard of Oz characters
Sorority Sisters&Spring Breakers
Bar Stars&Hangover-Breakfast Extraordinaires.
When things fall apart – Ricky’s a wiz with puzzles
(even the ones with missing pieces)
…and when things come back together – she’s got the party-plans covered.
I’ve got the best friends a girl could ask for.
Through thick&thin, good&bad, up&down.
And no matter how much distance separates us as we turn into “big girls”

I never want to miss a beat in my RickyBobby’s life.

1 comment:

  1. Awwww this is so cute!!! I actually LOLed when I read the "missing pieces" part. I'm so happy we've stayed close throughout the years and I know we'll always be that way. LOVE YOU waffle!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Everyone Knows How Much I Love You

Everyone Knows How Much I Love You by: Kyle McCarthy On Sale 6/23/2020 Talk about self-destruction! Rose is probably one of the most annoyin...