Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Disney Days

Some mornings I wake up and my bunni is everywhere. Today was one of those mornings. I didn’t feel sad or upset – I just woke up thinking about her. Then I turned on the TV and a Disney Vacation Club infomercial was playing.
Coincidence?
I think not.
The first time I ever went to Disney World was with her. She mentioned that she wanted to spend her 21st birthday – which happened to fall during Spring Break – in the Magic Kingdom. So I started planning. Her excitement was electrifying. As we wandered toward the castle down Main Street holding hands, I fell in love with Disney merely through her energy.
When she passed, she left a note. It told me to take my children to Disney World someday.
I plan to.
When I thought I’d never recover from my passing, my only solution was: Go to Disney World.
So I did. I took a group of sorority sisters down with me for our Senior Spring Break. While balling through the fireworks over the castle I realized: this place will save your life.
So I moved. And I really truly believe it did. At least once a day I wish I was still in Florida putting on my costume and going to work on stage.
Someday, I’ll be back, Disney. Don’t you worry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everyone Knows How Much I Love You

Everyone Knows How Much I Love You by: Kyle McCarthy On Sale 6/23/2020 Talk about self-destruction! Rose is probably one of the most annoyin...