Thursday, November 3, 2011

Sayonara Sidewalks

I’ve always wanted to live in a walking or biking community. Days where I can walk to do everything I want and find everything I need are the best kind of days. As winter approaches, though, the walking will end. I’m already dreading the 5-minute walk to class through campus and it hasn’t even started snowing yet. And its not even that I hate the snow – because I don’t – I actually enjoy it and all the winter sports that come along with it. But the convenience of walking just can’t be beat.
Tailgating then walking to the game.
Predrinking then walking to the bar.
Walking to the coffee shop.
Walking to the bookstore.
All those options go out the window once the snow hits. The plow trucks have enough trouble keeping up with the roads around here – let along clearing the sidewalk so little ole me can walk to the grocery store. I’ll have to get back into the habit of better planning my day’s driving…

till spring, sidewalks, till spring.

1 comment:

  1. Totally agree...walking is the way to travel. I love being in a city where you can walk to every place you visit. Yeah...during the winter it kind of sucks on some days...but when its real cold...even driving sucks. :)

    ReplyDelete

Everyone Knows How Much I Love You

Everyone Knows How Much I Love You by: Kyle McCarthy On Sale 6/23/2020 Talk about self-destruction! Rose is probably one of the most annoyin...