Friday, November 18, 2011

BlackOut Barbie

I say that 2010 was a blackout – mostly because I emotionally blocked out the world, but also because I literally blackedout all Spring. A good girlfriend&I participated in something we affectionately nicknamed DOTD’s. (DrinksOfTheDay) When we made up our minds to have a daily drink, we didn’t go back on our word. Now, I’d like to make it clear that I didn’t&don’t think we were alcoholics. We willingly chose to have a small glass of wine while watching TV, grab a $5 fishbowl Margarita from Roadhouse before a flag football game, or slam a FourLoco on a Saturday afternoon, but we never felt we needed to and I know we took a couple days off here&there. It was our last semester as undergraduate students, though, and as our crazy, college careers came to a close, we insisted on going out with a bang. Whoever wants to judge&label will simply roll out of my mind, cause they weren’t there and they’ll never get it. Sometimes you need a girlfriend to be mindless with – we had deep conversations, silly gigglefests, and all-day Dawson’s Creek marathons – but when the mind has already slipped into a dark, depressing place a friend who’s willing to silently sit by you without mentioning the pain or voicing potential worries makes a blackedout Spring seem completely reasonable&necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everyone Knows How Much I Love You

Everyone Knows How Much I Love You by: Kyle McCarthy On Sale 6/23/2020 Talk about self-destruction! Rose is probably one of the most annoyin...