Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Via Facebook

I found out via Facebook last night that one of my best childhood friends is having a baby. I don’t know why, but the whole thing really hurt&bothered me. She’s lived at least 6 hours away from me since we graduated high school and I’ve made the effort to drive down to see her&her husband multiple times over the years. And I've never given them a hardtime when they come home to visit and don't bother calling. They're busy with family. It's fine. [I tell myself.] And I could get over not being in her wedding – though the people she chose still don’t make sense to me. But finding out the huge news that she’s bringing a child into the world by noticing her husband posted an ultrasound photo cut a little deep for me.
I mean, I just sent them a Halloween card – I send them cards for every holiday without any cards in return. Yes, a thank you is always directed my way... but nothing more.
I guess I have to accept that things change and people drift apart. I know this. But it’s definitely still disheartening to watch it happen despite my best efforts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everyone Knows How Much I Love You

Everyone Knows How Much I Love You by: Kyle McCarthy On Sale 6/23/2020 Talk about self-destruction! Rose is probably one of the most annoyin...