Monday, November 7, 2011

Metal Trance

Saturday night, after attending my nephew’s 1st Birthday Party, Mr.U&I went to a Five Finger Death Punch concert – it was my gift to him for being such a WastedMonster at our 1st Lion’s game.I have to admit, I was a little scared to go. It’s not that I don’t like heavy metal, but I wasn’t sure what to expect from the concert. I got us tickets for the stands instead of the ground floor to avoid any mosh-pit injuries, which was probably a good idea.
From our view perched above the pit, I watched the crowd in amazement.
rhythmically swaying and pumping their fists in the air
shoving each other around
crowd surfing
throwing water bottles and cups of beer
...not a place I’d like to be, but definitely interesting to observe.
I can see how the fans fell into their mosh-pit-metal-trance, though.The lead singers of these bands
– including Hatebreed, All That Remains, and 5FDP
seemed like gods on stage.
instructing the crowd when to move and how to react
throwing their arms above their head and looking up toward the heavens
growling out their metal screams while stalking between their bandmates.
I even found myself believing that they had all the answers.
Their heavy breathing and throbbing muscles convinced me that the words they so passionately portrayed were unquestionably true.
I nodded my head, ground my hips against the air, bounced up&down.
Entirely enticed.My eyes glued to the stage.
My heart pounded with the thunderous thumping under my feet.
They knew how to get me, how to keep me, how to mold me into their follower.
The momentary MindFuck sent me to the stars and back.
Yes, I loved every minute of my Metal Trance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everyone Knows How Much I Love You

Everyone Knows How Much I Love You by: Kyle McCarthy On Sale 6/23/2020 Talk about self-destruction! Rose is probably one of the most annoyin...