Monday, November 21, 2011

Beer Flights

Apparently, I’ve been harboring a love for chocolaty-coffee brews. Yesterday, a good friend texted me during lunch and asked if I wanted to grab a beer at the bar she works at – Shakespeares. Most definitely. I love middle-of-the-afternoon decisions. I love them even more when they involve booze. And I love them the most when the booze is something new I get to try. I started out with a Soft Parade – brewed by Shorts – a strong ale with raspberries, strawberries, and blackberries. It packs a high 9.5% abv and tastes like Kool-Aid. Dangerous. Next, I had a flight – 4 small beers – which reminded me of the flights of authenticGerman&SamAdams brews I served at Epcot’s Food&Wine Festival. Obviously, any Disney memories make me a happy girl. The 4 I chose for my flight were:
Edmond Fitzgerald – a Porter by Great Lakes with a 5.8% abv
Espresso Love – a Stout by Arbor Brewing with a 7.5% abv
Total Eclipse – a breakfast Stout by Maumee Bay with a 9.1% abv
Winter White – a winter Ale by Bell’s with a 5.0% abv
Now, I mostly chose them because of their names. I was enchanted by the story of the Edmond Fitzgerald growing up, I love espresso, I just saw Twilight, and its supposed to be winter out. It turned out that all 3 initial choices were chocolaty-coffee brews and the last a light clove&fruit brew. Funny how I did that. I liked them all, of course. I’ve only ever run across one beer I was entirely not fond of

a scotch ale served at room temperature.
Ew.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everyone Knows How Much I Love You

Everyone Knows How Much I Love You by: Kyle McCarthy On Sale 6/23/2020 Talk about self-destruction! Rose is probably one of the most annoyin...