Wednesday, November 23, 2011

More Bubbles

So, not only do the problem bubbles people secretly live in astound me, but the things they regret and the memories that haunt them also kind of shock me these days.
Every Wednesday after our sorority meeting, my girlfriend and I used to round up some troops (or go alone) and hit up the local AppleBees for college night. We'd always ask our president at the time if she wanted to join, but she never made it. The other night, I showed a bunch of the girls a video I’d made and some of the pictures were of those AppleBees Nights. The busy-president wiped a tear from her eye.
I always wish I would have gone to one of those.”
People all around me are regretting&hurting over things I’d have never even thought of…
I tend to only think of where I was when “it happened.” What I was doing, what I was thinking, how I reacted. But, every other person in her world had a different experience. Right now other people are haunted by a different memory of the moments surrounding The Event. Take for example one of my best girlfriends – I wouldn’t even think to wonder what specifically is bothering her during this two-year-mark-mourning-period… but she’s dreading her drive home for the holiday, cause it was during that drive that she got the phonecall about my girlfriend’s passing.
And I guess that brings up another point: she wasn’t just “my girlfriend.” She was our friends’ sister, drinking-buddy, roommate, flag football quarterback. I have to stop and remind myself in this time of internal aching that there’s a ton of other people out there aching, too. I remember, when she first passed, I worried about everyone else – how everyone else was coping – if others were ok. That was a good mindset to be in.
Don’t worry about me – I’m only one broken heart in a sea of others who miss you, baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everyone Knows How Much I Love You

Everyone Knows How Much I Love You by: Kyle McCarthy On Sale 6/23/2020 Talk about self-destruction! Rose is probably one of the most annoyin...