Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Magnolia Street

"I knew that I loved you the first time you got into my car."
Magnolia Street - Catie Curtis
"From the moment I met her, I wanted to make her smile. Even when I didn’t know anything about her - besides that she was running for Vice President of our sorority - I thought she was intriguing&enticing. When she became our 2nd in command and my future roommate, the ability to fulfill my desire to make her happy was right at my fingertips.
After move-in, though, I felt a sense of sadness hovering over our unknowingly dark bedroom. At the time, I always thought that it was because we both had "significant-other" issues. We’d lay on our floor for hours listening to our “Chill Out Now” playlist, bitching about the people who’d most recently hurt us. And when our relationship turned into the crazy whirlwind it so quickly became, happiness poured from our beings. Our door may have been removed to prevent “sisters from having sexual relations," but her&I lived in Utopia at the top of the stairs of a 3-story sorority house in the coveted balcony room.
For 11 months the love bubble we floated carelessly in kept us kissing, traveling, and shedding tears whenever we had to separate. The beauty of an unexplainable love affair with no rhyme or reason, just perfection instantaneously burnt into both of our hearts. My parents didn’t get it. Her dad didn’t even know. Our sisters thought we were “ruining the Greek community.” Us? We didn’t care. We partied in the parking lot, pulled our mattresses from our lofts to the lie next to each other on the floor, held hands and wandered through campus in our own little world."
-Excerpt from the book I'll someday finish

1 comment:

Everyone Knows How Much I Love You

Everyone Knows How Much I Love You by: Kyle McCarthy On Sale 6/23/2020 Talk about self-destruction! Rose is probably one of the most annoyin...