Friday, October 28, 2011

Irish Memories

Like I said before – after a lot of “running away” I’ve landed back in the exact place I’d been running from. Even closer, in fact, to that specific place of avoidance than I’d ever lived before. My new home is blocks from the apartment my bunni last lived in on this earth. Kitty-corner to that apartment is a Irish Pub she&I always planned to go to. I used to avoid that street like the plague, but the other night, I found myself walking down it through the brisk October chill to meet a couple girlfriends at O’Duffy’s. Through bunni’s haze of depression, we never did make it across the street and inside – I wish I wish I wish we had – but two years later on a random Wednesday I crossed the threshold for the both of us.
The atmosphere warmed me from the inside out and appealed to every aspect of my senses. From tin ceilings to the warm wood carved out around mirrors fogged from time, my mind wandered through the beauty and I couldn’t help regretting that we hadn’t ever made it in to experience the space together. Irish Ale and Frambois tickled my taste buds as I soaked in the evening – giggling&chatting with friends who would have loved her company at our table just as much as I would have.

It’s crazy how there’re memories inside a place I’ve never been.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everyone Knows How Much I Love You

Everyone Knows How Much I Love You by: Kyle McCarthy On Sale 6/23/2020 Talk about self-destruction! Rose is probably one of the most annoyin...