Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Veggie YumYums

My dad is a wiz in the kitchen. We always joke that he couldn’t stand how poorly my mom fed us as kids, so he perfected cooking to save us from microwaved hamburger in tomato soup and chocolate chip cookies for dinner. Whatever his reasons – he’s an amazing cook now. And he loveloveloves to whip up whatever anyone’s little heart desires.
Generally, his dishes surround meat. Ribs for a family feast, sausage breakfast sandwiches, top-sirloin chili, but when his little girl needs the vegetarian option, he’s quick to experiment in the world of meat-less meals.
Over the 4th of July this year, he introduced me to a new version of a veggie burger that I quickly grew addicted to. Made mostly from grains, it stays away from tofu&soy – “fake meat” is not my thing – and packs a ton of fiber for my silly, little belly. Sandwiched in wholegrain flat bread & topped with green olives, this deliciously salty burger is now one of my favorite meals.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everyone Knows How Much I Love You

Everyone Knows How Much I Love You by: Kyle McCarthy On Sale 6/23/2020 Talk about self-destruction! Rose is probably one of the most annoyin...