Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Protein Thin

I rarely rarely rarely eat meat – haven’t since I was 3-years-old. I bit into a chicken nugget at McD’s and the black mass I found inside grossed me out so much that I told my mom never to give me meat again. Since my parents are very literal, straight-forward people, they said “ok” and stopped giving me meat.
I never really got a handle on replacing my protein, though. Thus, for 20 years of my life, I’ve been eating eggs&nuts – not really caring whether or not I had enough protein intake.
A few summers ago I was diagnosed as severely anemic.
RedFlag. You need protein, girl.
So, I tried&failed for a while – gained some weight, which was part of the issue – and went right back to my protein-free life. Now I’ve started drinking a protein supplement.
35calorie unsweetened almond milk with 2 scoops of protein a day.
I’m not going to lie – I’m morbidly afraid these added fat&calories outside my "norm" is gonna pack on the pounds. But I’m trying.

Mr.U says that I shouldn’t lose any weight anyway, because he “isn’t attracted to bony-skinny-girls.” It’s a nice attempt to ease my anxiety, but I honestly don’t believe that anyone isn’t attracted to thin… they’ve just learned to live with chub.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everyone Knows How Much I Love You

Everyone Knows How Much I Love You by: Kyle McCarthy On Sale 6/23/2020 Talk about self-destruction! Rose is probably one of the most annoyin...